At Milton St John’s, our children and the Gospel are at the heart of our curriculum which intends to prepare our pupils for modern day life. Our curriculum is carefully planned through our key drivers. The drivers help our children to ‘RISE’ up and play a vital role in their community; locally, nationally and globally. They are listed below:
- Respect for the opinions and beliefs of others
- Independence & Resilience
- Engagement & Curiosity
As a church school we aim to promote Christian values in everything we do through our ‘Shine’ ethos, which will enable our children to become thoughtful, empathic, proactive and compassionate citizens.
We Show respect.
We are Honest.
We Include others.
We Never give up.
We seek Excellence in all we do.
Our extensive Curriculum will inspire, enthuse and educate our children so that they have the rich knowledge and transferable skills needed to prepare them for the next stage in their learning and beyond.
We have high and ambitious aspirations for all learners to achieve well, regardless of differences in ability, social background, culture, race, gender or disability. This is reflected in our broad, balanced, fun, engaging and varied curriculum which aims to ensure that all children leave Milton St John’s exceptionally equipped as a lifelong learner.
We work hard, through the Mossley and Carrbrook Schools Partnership to ensure that local heritage and community traditions are woven through our curriculum and embedded through community events. As a partnership, we draw upon the expertise of professionals in our schools to ensure high quality and ambitious learning is in place throughout our curriculum.
We pledge that whilst children attend our school they will…
- Become well rounded, independent individuals who meet or exceed the expected standards in all areas
- Engage in Christian celebrations and festivals centred around important dates in the Christian calendar
- Perform to audiences of varying sizes, in a variety of ways
- Visit and learn about our amazing local area and how this contrasts to other localities nationally and globally
- Learn the value of service by contributing to charity and local community work
- Go on an extended residential trip
- Meet inspirational people who challenge their view and widen their understanding of the world
- Experience different cultures and festivals
- Meet and learn from children in other schools
- Gain leadership skills in a variety of ways
- Be equipped with everything needed to become lifelong, ambitious learners who will aim for the stars and ‘SHINE’
Please see each 'class curriculum' page to explore the curriculum for your child's year group or select a subject page to find out more about the subjects we teach.