Please click here to see what we will be learning in Nursery during 2017-18.
Milton St. John’s EYFS Vision Statement
In Milton St. John’s EYFS Unit, we are committed to making the child the focus of our work. In order to make this effective, we aim to foster good relationships with parent/carers - recognising them as the child's first and most important educators. We believe that a partnership between home and our EYFS will help the child have the best possible experience in their formative early years.
Milton St. John's Aims and Objectives are to:
- Provide a safe and happy learning environment for children from 3 years up to the age of 5 years.
- Ensure children receive high quality, challenging learning opportunities, which build on the children's interests and capabilities and are carefully planned to work with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Manage the transition between leaving their home environment and settling into our early years unit.
- Ensure all children feel valued, respected and included.
- Provide learning through play both indoors and outdoors.
- Ensure staff and other adults provide good role models in their relationships with others.
- Provide children with opportunities to develop their physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social skills.
- Recognise that every child is an individual with his/her own personality. We encourage each child to develop at his/her own pace and to explore the delights of being a child, whilst discovering that learning for life is fun and fascinating.
- Develop the children’s awareness of diversity in the community and respect for values and customs of others.
- Be involved with the children’s play, engaging in conversation and interacting appropriately, extending their learning and understanding.
- Encourage children to take risks in their play and their learning and to foster a resilient nature, whilst acknowledging and respecting boundaries.
- Undertake ongoing self-evaluation of staff practice in order to enhance and promote children’s learning.